Monday, August 31, 2009

The day before the big day

Well, it's the day before and naturally I am extremely nervous. I am so ready to go tomorrow and get this over with so I know how I should feel. The week actually went by fast for me, well faster than I thought it would anyway. It did take along time but not too bad. We had Gage's first week of school which went great! He starts football tomorrow so we are all excited about that. One of my friends spent all day with me one day which helped me so much! Then another one of my friends spent all day long on the phone with me. Which is a major deal because I am pretty boring. A special thanks to both of you girls! We went to Midland on Saturday to get somethings and went to church yesterday. While at church I bent down to pick something up and apparently it was the wrong way. I had a sharp pain and I couldn't see for a few seconds. Then we went to eat and I felt fine but when I changed my clothes another sharp pain. I tried to stand up and couldn't! I was in so much pain!!! So Gage finds the heating pad and takes care of my until Jason got home. We decided to head to the doctor first thing this morning. About 9 last night Jason gets a phone call that he has to go into work today, he was suppose to be off. So Jason got Gage to school and I call my mom crying. We talked to my fertility doctor and she said to go to the chiropractor or my regular physician and to just have them treat me as if I am pregnant no matter what a pregnancy test says. So we decided to go to the chiropractor because I wouldn't be allowed to take any pain meds, which we guessed that would be what they would want to do at a regular doctor. So my mom drives to Andrews picks me up and takes me to Brownfield. He said I had two slipped discs in my lower back and I was so swollen he didn't know if he could do anything. So he works for awhile and the entire time I am crying and screaming. He did finally get them to go back in and tells me what to do for the rest of the day. He tells me that I should NOT use heat, only ice. I had a heating pad with me! Heat makes the inflammation worse, which is why I was so swollen. He also said that the shots would not help the inflammations at all and to try to do them lower. Poor Jason just thought he was done taking care of me! I will go to my fertility doctor at 10(if I can walk) and back to him at 1:30 tomorrow. I am not allowed to take any pain meds so all I have is ice. Thank God I had my mom today. I don't know what I would have done without her. Not only did she drive all over the place, she got us dinner and then went home to cook for her bunch! Between nerves and pain I hope I can sleep tonight!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness! I got caught up on reading your posts! Perfect timing! Praying for tomorrow and can't wait to hear how things go! Yeah for the laptop, you better post fast :) Glad yall are doing well!