Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Retrieval

We made it through the retrieval! We spent most of the day yesterday at the doctor's office and the hospital. We finally got everything done and then went to the hotel and took a nap. We stayed the night in Lubbock last night so we could get as much sleep as possible. My sister's husband flew in last night around 9 and poor Jason got to Andrews and then got called back out. He finally made it to Lubbock a little after midnight. We were at the hospital at 6 this morning ready to go! We got there and they started the IV and got her ready. The anesthesiologist came and they took her to the operating room. It took about 45 minutes and the doctor came out to visit with us. She told us that she really expected to retrieve more eggs than she did but the ones she did get were healthy! One is all we need! A lot of the follicles where full of fluid without an egg inside. We were blessed with 3 eggs after the surgery! Really all we can tell about the eggs today is whether or not they are mature. They were all mature! We will know in the morning about the fertilization and then on Thursday we will know the quality. We will receive a phone call everyday on the progress and they will keep us updated on when transfer day will be. They put my sister in recovery and she was released after she was awake and drinking. Thank God for her and the surgery going well today. She was feeling little discomfort but her husband drove her home today so she would be able to rest in the comfort of her own home. Something neither one of us has been able to do for a few weeks now! No place like home, right? It was a long day. Very emotionally and physically draining for us. I guess knowing my sister was doing well and finished with her part, I felt a little relief. I felt an overwhelming energy drop and feel asleep as soon as I ate something. I slept in the car for two hours and got to my house and slept two more hours. I haven't gotten out of the bed since we got home. I am still in the bed even now! Thank goodness for laptops. We started new shots today and 4 other medicines that are making me feel sick to my stomach. We have had to be in Lubbock everyday for almost a week so being home for a few days will be a nice change. I don't plan on doing much for the next couple of days except relaxing. Jason has to work tomorrow but then he will be home for an entire week. YAY! I will post everyday letting everyone know about our embryos. Just keep our precious little embryos in your prayers. We need each one to fertilize and progress everyday. Also for the quality to be rated high! Thanks to everyone for all the prayers and support. It means the world to us to know we are not alone. It is an important part in what we are going through and we truly feel blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I am praying like crazy!!!!

niki said...

Praying for you, your family, & your precious embryos!