Today was a great day! Gage had a wonderful first day of school even though his teacher left midday because she was vomiting! Hopefully no one in the house will get it! He tells us "It went way better than I could have ever expected" Funny kid. He hasn't liked school since he started so maybe this year will be different. It probably didn't hurt his feeling any either that his teacher is a very cute 22 year old girl!!
My appointment went great! They checked all the hormones and made sure that I was getting the right dose with my shots. She said that my labs look "absolutely beautiful!". They were right where they should be so I am allowed to roam around the house now. I am having a problem with my shots leaving knots about the size of golf balls on my hips. With every shot I get a new lovely and painful bulge. I knew this was common with these shots because not only are the needles huge, the medicine is an oil. It is VERY thick. I just have never had a problem like this before with our other cycles. I can't hardly sit or lay without it hurting so I asked my doctor today what I could do to help. She told us to warm the medicine before we inject it and to sit on a heating pad after we do the injection. It sounds like a wonderful idea and hopefully it will help. If I am pregnant we will be doing these shots for the first 3 months so I need SOMETHING to work! She also went over our embryos and transfer since she was gone some of last week. She told us how thrilled she was with the way they progressed until the last day. She also told us how lucky we were for having three at the beginning and then three for transfer. They warn you over and over that you will not have as many on transfer day as you had on retrieval day. We knew already that we were blessed for the way everything has gone:) We have an appointment on September 1st for the pregnancy test!!! Our appointment is at 10 and hopefully we will know something around 2 to 3 that afternoon. It is going to be a long week for us and defiantly a long morning on the 1st. I have heard of people doing home pregnancy test before they go in and I am so tempted this time. I never have been before and I would have already bought one but they say you can have a false positive because of all the hormones they are giving you. I just think that would be very painful to have a positive and then your blood test say negative so I will hold out, even though I am dieing not to!!
My days in bed were a nice change of pace in my routine. I did get bored and was ready to get up but I enjoyed Jason trying his hardest to be the house wife. As soon as we got home we see that the dog had made a huge mess in the living room on the rug. So he comes and asked me what to do. I told him to get the carpet cleaner and clean it up. So he walks out of the room and right back in, "which one is the carpet cleaner?" So I explain to him that the one that isn't that vacuum is the carpet cleaner and then I instructed him step by step on what to do. Thirty minuets and a hundred questions later, he figured it out. Meals were always fun too! He really does a great job with me and I am very thankful for that. I hated asking him to get me things like floss for instance but he was always so happy to do it for me. I read a lot and watch way too much television. I actually slept a lot too. I had a lot of calls and text that kept me related to the real world. So overall it was a nice relaxing few days!
My sister is also doing very well and went back to work today. Everyone pray and keep fingers crossed for our next appointment!
Bedroom Decor Inspiration
10 years ago

1 comment:
Everything sounds great! We'll be praying for you and Jason and your little embryos! I'm so glad Gage had a good first day of school. Blaine is really whining about not wanting to go this year. Hopefully that will improve. I feel like I've been run over by a truck after my first week! I was jealous of your bedrest! Todd's been helping around the house since I started back to work and it reminds me of your stories about Jason! Have a great weekend and I'll be checking back for great news on Tuesday!
Post a Comment