Monday, February 2, 2009

Transfer

Our transfer went great! They did thaw out our frozen embryo and it didn't survive. That was frustrating to me. It was our little embryo that I always fell back on. I would always say "we still have our frozen one". Not to mention all the money we spent on annual fees. He said the cell was broken which could have happened when it was frozen or thawed. It made me sad but if I could go back I would freeze it again. The embryologist came in and talked to us about the two and made sure that we agreed to transferring them both. We had two embryos that were ready for transfer and the embryologist said that they looked better on transfer day than they had the whole time. He graded them about average... which was very encouraging to us especially after our other didn't survive. Then they gave me valium and said they would start soon. There was no problems at all with the transfer. Very minimal discomfort. They were extremely busy. She had done three retrievals that morning so they put me in a little side room for transfer, which made me feel a little awkward. The embryologist had to walk down the hall with our embryos but they still had everything they needed. They make you have something in your bladder before they start, well I had a lot of something in my bladder! She decided to do a catheter after the procedure. That was the worst part but at that point I didn't care!! They make you lay upside down for an hour after the transfer and then they send you home to stay in bed for three days. I finally got up today and just walked outside, awe it was nice! I have watched so much t.v. and read a couple of books. I am rested now and probably will never go to sleep tonight! Jason has done an amazing job with me, like usual. I got up today to find the house clean and the laundry done. He made sure I always had something to drink and every meal. He rented movies and brought me stuff to do. Gage laid with me a lot, just to entertain me! Over all it was nice. Gage did really good at his basketball game, just wish I would have got to see him. I will go back to the doctor on Wednesday for blood check. I am on estrogen and progesterone right now and they just make sure the levels are good. Then the pregnancy test will be one week from today on February 9th!!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Megan, that is such awesome news! I've thought about you all weekend. I'm sorry about the frozen embryo but thrilled that the other 2 were looking better than ever. Yay! I know it will be a long wait until the 9th. Do you cheat and do a home pregnancy test (or ten) before you go for the blood test?
Love ya, Cindy
PS - We are really missing Gage in basketball here!

Kelly said...

Yeah, I'm so glad the transfer and everything went well. 2 is good...so praying for twins!! So since the embryos are in, they just need to implant right?! Keep resting, hang in there only 6 more days to wait...I know the longest 6 days of your life, but can't wait to see how it all goes! You are such a trooper for going through all of this!
Kelly
PS..I think maybe I would sneak a home test in there somewhere too...maybe?? Or maybe just pray so your emotional state is at the best place possible. God is the author of life and death, and so we have to trust him for all of this! Easier said than done, I know.

Anonymous said...

You are such a strong and special person!! Just a few more days! Just remember to turn to God for everything, especially patience right now! Hang in there and our fingers are crossed!

Anonymous said...

praying for you and your family!! hoping so much things turn out great...and there is a little one on the way!! lots of prayers!!! stay faithful and positive. HE has a plan for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bandy's,
I'm so grateful the transfer went well, we will pray & pray that they take. Continue to rest, that's the best thing you can do for your body right now. Tell Jason he is THE MAN!! Same for Gage. We will ck with you soon. Love You!
the Harvey's