Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just.... Today

We just now got back from Lubbock, long day! My friend, Emily picked Gage up from school so we didn't have to rush home. She has done a lot for us through all of this and I am so thankful for her and all her help! We didn't rush home. My levels were quite a bit lower today, which only means one thing... miscarriage. They will check in a couple of weeks to make sure all the pregnancy hormone is out of the blood. I am heartbroken. I know time will heal. My doctor had a long talk with us. Her and the embryologist had a meeting about all of our cases. My eggs are not at all healthy and never will be. The quality is dropping every year. She pretty much told us that there is a VERY SLIM (don't even want to type the %) chance that I will be able to have another child that is biologically mine, with or without treatment. To hear you are having a miscarriage and that you will not be able to have any more children all in the same day is, well it's ALOT! I couldn't hardly breath! Several hours after hearing that come our of the doctors mouth, I started to realize that it didn't really matter to me if the baby is genetically mine or not. When I get my hands on a child... it's mine! She told us that IVF should no longer be an option for us, which I wouldn't do it any more anyway. She said that she never dreamed that she would be having this conversation with someone my age but as heartbreaking as it was her and us, it is reality. She gave us a few option to think about and we will. Options where I could still carry the baby. Getting donor eggs, having siblings or friends donate eggs and still having Jason as the father, or just donor embryos. Which we have already discussed all this before because we really didn't know about this last treatment cycle. We are totally open to anything she wants to tell us at this point. We are going back to talk about all the expenses and how everything works, week after next. If you use donated eggs, guess what, they are no where near free. They are very expensive. If a family member/friend donates you pay just like as if it where you going through treatment. We will find all that out but for now I will be sad for the loss and try to find my way through it, again. Just with a little extra baggage this time........


I just can't even describe how blessed I feel to have Gage. Not to mention my husband, who has been amazing with me. I know he hurts too but he always puts me first. I would be a total nut case if it wasn't for them and I am truly thankful. It took a lot for me to write and even though I cried the entire time, I feel better, for now

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry..continuing to pray for yall in the choices you have to make. Praise God for the blessing you have like you said, your precious little (well big) boy, and husband!
Kelly

Cindy said...

Oh Megan, I hate this for you and Jason both. I do know how it feels and that there is nothing I can say to ease the hurt right now. I can tell you though that it won't always hurt so bad. I can also guarantee you that God has an amazing plan for your family that will play out in His time and be better than anything you ever imagined. Our family is living proof! I was at my lowest of lows at the end of July 2006. Valerie was born a couple of weeks later! Grieve this loss, celebrate your blessing, and keep trusting Him. Call me if you'd like to talk. I love you and miss you. Cindy

Christi said...

I am so sorry Megan. I know you are disappointed and hurt. Cindy is right though - it won't ever go away, but won't always hurt as bad as each day passes. Family is what you make of it. I can testify to that having had children and lost children in many different ways. There is a plan for you and your family, and I can't wait to see what it is. Blessings are always there, just not always able to be seen at the moment. Take care of yourself and know your friends are thinking of you and your family!

Anonymous said...

megan,
hang in there! i can't imagine what you are in going thru...but hold tight! GOD has a plan for you! keep your faith and trust HIM!! sometimes things don't always work out the way we plan them to...but GOD knows what is best! praying for peace, and HIS arms to be wrapped tightly around you!! blessings.

Anonymous said...

Megan, Jason, & Gage,
I am sooo sorry. My heart hurts for you. Sometimes it's hard to see the rainbow through your tears, I know that full well. We will continue to pray for you & that the Lord opens the doors down a new path for you all. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry about the news. I've been keeping you and your family in my prayers!! I know in time the pain of all you have gone thru will get better! God has a plan for you and HE knows the desires of your heart. You are very blessed to have such a wonderful husband, a sweet son, and some wonderful friends. God has a very special blessing for you! Hang in there and please know we are all praying for you.