I went up to Lubbock Saturday morning and she said everything looked great. We decided it would be best to stay the night there since we had to be there early. Jason's brother went and picked him up after he got home from work and brought him to Seagraves. It is painful for me to drive so we were very thankful for that. We got to the hotel around 11:30pm. Jason didn't get off work until late!! So I took a bath and feel in the bath tub! It hurt bad...I hit my back and bruised up my leg and toe! Not to mention how hard that was on my ovaries. What a time to fall! Anyway we get there right before 8 the next morning and my heart rate was 115. I didn't feel nervous at all but the kept telling me to calm down. They usually give you demerol for pain but they can not give it to you when your heart rate is high. They take me into the retrieval room and get me ready. My doctor came in and told me they couldn't give me anything because my heart rate!!! Usually they put you to sleep, or give you enough medication that you are hardly awake. They finally decided that I would have to have something so they gave me a tiny bit of demerol which brought up my heart rate more. It was staying around 130. It was horrible! I could feel EVERYTHING! I could feel them going through the wall with the needle and then into the ovary with every single retrieval. She would tell that she had one out and I would relax until she went back in for another one. That was the most painful thing I have ever been through. I kept crying and they kept telling me to calm down. I kept straighten my legs out and they would tell me to relax them. They stopped about half way through and massaged my neck. My heart rate got up to 176 at that point and I guess massaging your neck helps it go down. My blood pressure got up high too and the alarms were going off. I finally calmed down and then she continued but made the nurse and me massage the neck until she was done. The whole thing only took about 25 minutes but I would have bet way longer!! After they were done and I had calmed down some they gave me more demerol. They went and got Jason and I was so relieved to see him and to know I was done that I feel right to sleep. They retrieved 10 eggs. There was many more but she didn't feel like it was worth trying to get them out with the way my heart rate was. They were more than likely not mature enough anyway. One was damaged, probably because of how much I was moving and one was not mature. So before we left they told us we had 8 eggs that looked good so far. He called this morning and said the 6 had fertilized. We will not know the quality of them until tomorrow. He will call us every day and tell us what is going on with them. Jason calls him the babysitter! Anyway, sometimes some don't progress so we will not know how many we will have to choose from until the day of the transfer. I am so thankful for all of my other retrievals to go so well and I am so thankful that this one is over! All in all it went really well and I thank God for that! This part makes me anxious. I get scared sometimes when he calls because I never know what is going to happen with our embryos. I just pray about them all day long and I know that God is with us through this. I usually worry for no reason! It is also exciting too to see how far they have progressed and to hear the quality of them. This part doesn't make me as anxious as waiting the 2 weeks to find out if I am pregnant!! That part is horrible! I am very tender and can hardly walk today but that is normal. Gage was running a fever this morning so I have him here with me today. He seems to be doing okay but still has a fever. We are keeping our fingers crossed and praying like crazy!
2 comments:
Oh Megan, I can't imagine being awake through that! Bless your heart. That is a painful ordeal. I hope the "babysitter" calls you with great news every day! 6 embryos is good! Keep us informed.
Ok..so thats so good they have 6!! So they fertilize them outside of your body right, and then implant them in your uterus...is this right?? When do they implant them, or have they already done that. I know you said the 2wks is hard....I can imagine!! Praying so much for you too!! Let us know. I'm so glad you have this blog. One more thing.....how many will they implant? And, I remember at one point yall had some donor stuff.....this time is it all you and Jason?
Thanks for being so nice and answering my questions : )
Post a Comment