I went to the doctor today to check on how many follicles/oocyte or if we had any at all developing. There was several on both ovaries!! It was great to see them all. They didn't even count them because there was so many. This can be a bad thing too. On our second cycle I had a lot and the ovaries were way over stimulated. They almost cancelled the transfer because I hyper-stimulated after they took them out. I had 27 in all that they took out which is A LOT! They don't take all of them out so there were many more. They finally got everything under control but the eggs where poor quality from having so many. I don't think I am going to have near as many which is good! This is our fifth cycle and like I say they are all different. Our first one went really well. We had twelve eggs that fertilized and we ended up with three poor quality embryos. We had two transfered and froze one. I never got pregnant. Our second one is when I had way too many and we ended up with three very poor quality embryos. We put all three in and didn't get pregnant. Our third we only had 7 eggs and 5 that fertilized. We ended up with 4 poor quality embryos. We had three put in and the other was very poor quality and they wouldn't let us freeze it. We got pregnant and miscarried at 12.3 weeks. We started one that we got to the middle of and it was cancelled. Then our last one we had 14 eggs, 9 fertilized and we had 2 left. They transfered two and we didn't get pregnant. One thing has been the same with every cycle and that is that they embryo quality has never been good. They say it is due to my eggs not being very healthy. That is why they wouldn't let us do any treatment until I had been on a medicine for a year to help the ovaries. Hopefully it will help some but we will see. Right now we are doing two shots, one for ovulation and one to keep them from dropping. All my blood work was perfect and I go back on Friday! We have had a few scares but it looks like everything is going to be okay. I couldn't be happier about that!!! I told her about this weekend so she hopes that when I go in on Friday that I can wait to go back until Monday but she is worried that I might have to come back in on Sunday. We will see. If I have to go in on Sunday, we are going to the doctor Friday morning and then we will head to Dallas and back the next day. I hope we get to wait until Monday because I know that I will be very swollen and uncomfortable so waiting one more day to get back on the road will be nice!
2 comments:
Wow, I got tired just reading all that! I'm so glad things are going good with this cycle. Have a great weekend with your brother!
Oh, I hope things continue to go well!! Hopefully you will have good healthy eggs, and maybe God will give you multiples!!!
Post a Comment