Monday, December 29, 2008

The end of December!

Christmas was wonderful! Jason was working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so may family came to our house on Christmas Eve. Mom cooked and the kids opened presents! I was so glad they came to our house because we would have been all alone. Gage got everything he wanted, imagine that. It wasn't much at all and he was very excited.

I had a practice transfer and a biopsy a week ago from today. After the practice they realized they were going to have to use a different tube. A new one that they haven't used much before. We had a few problems with our last cycle getting the transfer tube past my c-section scar. This one is like two tubes in one and will have a protective tube around the tube with the embryos. I had a lot of problems with my cervix and I all spare everyone the details but they weren't any better on that day. Just let me say that before they were done I was in tears. Very painful! They sent me home and on Christmas Eve I started to not feel good. Christmas Day I really didn't feel good. I felt like my insides were going to fall out (TMI, sorry but I really don't know how else to say it)! I am on birth control until the 21st day of the cycle. I was on day 11 and was spotting...a lot. I felt like I was running a fever and had thrown up a few times. I called our doctor who of course is not at work. So mom called Dr. McClanahan who is at work. I get there and the first thing they do is give a me a pain shot and then do a pelvic exam. I had an infection from when they did the biopsy a couple of days before. VERY PAINFUL! I feel much better now but am still on pain meds. We are waiting to see if we are going to be able to continue. My doctor, who I talked to this morning says we will check and see if the antibiotics are affecting the meds I am on in any way. If the infection is cleared up on the 2nd when we go back then we will continue. I was feeling like crap and had convinced myself that they were going to cancel our cycle but after today I feel better about it all. Even if they do it will just be for a month. Jason and I both go on the 2nd and then I will go back on the 8th. We start the shots tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Megan thanks so much for posting. Just praying so much for things to work out the best way possible. Keep updating.