Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We're getting there..

We went to the doctor on Friday and when we get there they tell us that they are not able to do what we needed done. So they put us in a room for a shot teaching class.... which I have taken five times before now and I thought is was ridiculous to have pay to take it again. I think they were just trying to justify our 2 hour drive down there more than anything. The bad part about it all was, it was Jason that needed the appointment and he can't just go whenever. We had scheduled this appointment on the day he would be off! So I wasn't very happy about the whole thing but we rescheduled his appoint for the same day I go in again, August 5th. I get a call from the nurse yesterday who informs me that we have a lot that has to be done by the 7th of August. Which was a surprise for me since I thought I had done everything that needed to be done. We didn't have evaluations done when we were in Odessa the other day. I thought it was too easy but I also thought (so did the nurse) everything that needed to be done with the FDA guidelines was going to be done that day. So she informs me that I have to find someone who will be able to do the evaluation before the 7th. For some reason they also didn't get all the blood test that they were suppose to get from me but luckily they did Jason. They also still hadn't ordered our medicine which needed to be ordered and paid for. "And also your husband needs to come in for his analysis".... DUH!! That's what we drove down there for!! We need to get about 50lbs of legal work done too that I haven't even started! We have a huge packet to fill out and my sister has a huge packet to fill out. We are going to work on it this weekend though so I am not too worried about it. Getting into see a therapist takes awhile, usually months. I was freaking out. I called back to the office and they decided to then give me the number to a lady that they thought could help us out. She was very sweet and said that she would do anything we needed to get done. Thank God! Then we start to pay for our medicine and we didn't expect it to be as high as it was. All of our other cycles where about half the price but since we are buying the medicine for two, the price pretty much doubled. Which was fine except that we only have one credit card and our limit was not nearly enough to cover the cost. We are only able to put $300 a day on our debit card so that wouldn't work. You are able to do money orders or cashier checks but they have to be mailed in and since we are starting shots in three days, we didn't have time for that! So poor Jason is on the phone at 11 last night asking the credit card company if there is anyway to have our limit raised. Luckily after 45 minutes of being on hold they did with no questions asked! When I talked to the girl today it was even more for whatever reason so I had to put some on our debit card which was perfectly fine. Our medicine is being delivered tomorrow-hopefully! The evaluation is set for the 6th and we will try to make sure to have everything else done on the 5th when we go back in. Using a donor has been WAY more confusing to me than just going through it ourselves. I think I have got it all under control now! Well until the nurse calls back!!! I feel so nervous that I haven't done something that has to be done but I try to not worry about it all. We start shots on Friday!!

Taking long, deep breathes in and out with my eyes closed. My skin soaking up the warm sun while sand squishes between my toes. Listening to waves crashing onto the shore............aaaaaahhhh




PhotobucketGage's new haircut! I told him he could do whatever as long as it was normal when school started! I think he looks awesome!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! It will all be worth it in the end:) Thinking about you guys!! Love you ~ E

Cindy said...

Wow! All that is confusing. But you're getting closer. I know you're excited! We'll be praying for you. Love, Cindy