I thought I would talk about the testing that we are doing right now. It is an EFT(endometrial function test). After we went through the last IVF and we had grade A embryos, my doctor was worried about it being more than just my eggs that were keeping my from getting pregnant and carrying the baby. Also the fact that every time I have been pregnant since I had Gage, I have miscarried is also another concern. This test simply allows patients to have the endometrium tested. The endometrium is made up of stroma and glands. If the glands are not functioning normally, the endometrium will not be receptive to the implanting blastocyst (the early embryo). Even if implantation were to occur, an abnormal endometrium is not able to support the nutritional needs of the early embryo, which may lead to early pregnancy loss. You take hormones that make your lining really thick and they take a sample out for the test. My doctor will send it off to Chicago for the testing and they will let us know about two weeks afterwards. If it is all functioning correctly, then we really have no idea why nothing is working. If they find something wrong, there is a cure for most abnormalities. Most of the time it is a medicine that they give you in shots for three months. We should know something the middle of February. The test is actually a new thing and people right now have to qualify to be able to participate. So many miscarriages, so many failed attempts at IVF or both. Since it is a new thing and not crucial to my health insurance will not pay a single penny on it. Which we were pleasantly surprised at the price; only $500!! Woot woot!! Anyway, I am very ready for it to be over with and I keep praying that I will make it until the 8th! I have never had so much anxiety!! It is so horrible!! They are giving me stuff to help but for the most part it takes over my days. I have to call Jason about 20 times a day to help calm me down. Just two more weeks........
No comments:
Post a Comment