Saturday, June 13, 2009

Here we go again!!!!

Well, we have been busy getting everything ready for our next cycle. We are using an egg donor and our cycle has been scheduled!! We do have a family member that is donating for us. I am just so grateful to have someone that is willing to do this for us. It takes a lot of time and effort that effects everyone in her family. It is such an amazing selfless thing to do and we are SO THANKFUL! We both started medicine about a month ago but we just got approved by my doctor for the egg donation last week. We still have to have psychological evaluations done but our doctor thinks it will be no big deal for us to pass. We also have a lot of legal work that has to be done. Other than those things it will all be the same as a regular IVF. The egg retrieval will be around August 19th! We have a lot to do before then but nothing we can't handle! We are praying like crazy and keeping our fingers crossed!

I think back to the first of this year and I can't believe I am living the same life now. I was so heartbroken and so confused. I thank God that I don't feel the same way now. Jason and I really had a hard several months at the first of this year. I do have to say how thankful I am for family and friends that put up with us. I know that we don't handle every situation in the best way but we both do what we can. Sometimes it was really hard for us to even leave our house without tears falling. Seeing new born babies or even diapers in the aisle are things that bring up all kinds of emotions that neither one of us really know how to handle. I think our last cycle was by far the hardest we have ever been through. Knowing that was our last chance of having a child that was both ours took every ounce of our energy. After it was all over we felt so unworthy. Like we were not deserving of what we wanted the most. It really hit us both hard after we were told there was no point in trying anymore. The situation seemed never ending. Some things are still extremely hard for both of us to deal with but we feel so much better about the future.



HERE LATELY
We have been so busy here lately! I have been working 7 days a week. Most days I worked 10 to 11 hours and then we rushed to a baseball game. Jason has been leaving about 6 every morning and getting home around 10 or 11 at night, if he is lucky! He has left the house at 3:30 or 4 in the morning several times! I am done working now so I have way more time! Gage received several awards at his award ceremony for the end of the school year. He got 1st place in AR reading with 179.2 points and received a special academic achievement award from the principal. His lowest grade of the year was a 95 and it was in PE! His next lowest grade after that was a 98. He had an amazing school year and we are so proud of him. They tested him for reading placement and he didn't miss one single question and was reading 140 words a minute! His core total was in the 99th percentile in the nation on his end of the year testing! His teacher and principal both told us that he was an amazing kid and we should frame all of his test results! We are both just in awe of how smart he is. I will stop bragging now and go on with everything else! My little sister graduated high school. My brother also safely returned from his 15 month stay in Kuwait and he is doing great! It is such a blessing to have him home.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so excited for you about this next cycle. Keep us posted! We'll definitely be praying.

Anonymous said...

Praying Praying and Praying some more!! You are so special and all of this will work out....I just know it! Thinking of you guys and I can't wait to read the next blog entry! Love ya